"Parents are scared of hitting their children now a days"

    So this post got a bit delayed in it's publication due to other fun stuff happening as you have read. Therefore I'm putting my serious hat on for this post and discussing a touchy subject for me personally.
 This (referring to the title of said blog post) was said before the start of my persuasive speaking class the other day by one of my classmates. That sentence, made me internally cringe so much because my parents are a fan of corporal punishment as  is the official term in child discipline. To put it lightly I don't reflect on its use during my childhood fondly in the slightest. It doesn't exactly help when you parents are originally from a country where this is a typical thing you do to your kids. I'm not saying that kids should allowed to do as they please and end up spoiled and rotten. However there are emotional ramifications to "corporal punishment" (*roll my eyes in disgust at the term). Last time I checked I wasn't in the military. (*sigh)
     It's probably a major reason why I am the person I am personality wise at least partially. The avoidance to talking about my feelings frequently and the reflex to suppress (or burying them as I like to refer to it) my emotions (usually with music) when I feel bad instead of dealing with them among other things. I guess these things can also interpreted a defense mechanism as a by product of pride in a way. Since I dislike leaning on people emotionally quite intensely, it makes me feel weak like I'm not capable of standing on my own two feet. It also feel like I'm being a bit of a burden for tell them these things which they can't do much about (even if I know I'm not in actuality).
    Then take all of that and add the possibility of impact play and other related things (which is a curiosity of mine). That's probably not a good combination to say the least, now more recently stumbling into abreaction (which I discovered the following day since I've never had one before and hadn't been sure about what I had experienced) while randomly playing around with someone other than my usual play partner. I hadn't expected it at all which probably made it more of a surprise the next day I talked to said regular play partner about it and started crying. I wasn't feeling sad about it emotionally yet I was wiping away my tears (which seemed like they weren't going to cease to continue for a long duration) like a windshield wiper does for the rain. I got some wonderful hugs and pets (I really wish they were real physical ones but those were nearly equally as effective). I eventually stopped crying and moved on to other things to discuss after talking about it along with why I had that reaction from discussing it.
    I just want say I'm not writing this for attention or pity of any kind from you wonderful people possibly reading this blog. I just wanted to have cathartic release of some kind and at least some partial understanding of myself in a literary format. With that I want say thank you for reading. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Robot time again~

Skype fun times (technically)

Very hot fun!